Eight of the 13 newest members of the ABA Board of Governors (BOG) are Fellows of the American Bar Foundation:
- Honorable John Preston Bailey, Life Fellow
- Leonard H. Gilbert, Benefactor Fellow
- Seymour W. James, Jr., Fellow
- Grant C. Killoran, Life Fellow
- Richard M. “Dick” Lipton, Life Fellow
- Honorable James Edward Lockemy, Fellow
- Elizabeth Kelly Meyers, Fellow
- Amy Lin Meyerson, Life Fellow
The ABA BOG consists of 43 members—district representatives, members-at-large, and six ABA officers—who have the authority to act on behalf of the ABA when the Association’s House of Delegates is not in session. This leadership position is one of the highest honors one can obtain in the field, and nomination requires endorsements from a minimum of 25 fellow ABA members in the area one wishes to represent.
To see the full list of the ABA Board of Governors, click here.