Eleven ABF Fellows have been elected as new members of the American Law Institute. The ALI has been the leading voice in refining, clarifying, and improving the practice of law since its inception in 1923, and membership remains one of the highest honors for legal professionals. The Fellows included are:
- Professor Deborah N. Archer, New York Fellow
- Alan Jay Butler, District of Columbia Fellow
- Robert E. Cooper, Jr., Tennessee Life Fellow
- Deborah Enix-Ross, New York Life Fellow
- Professor Luz E. Herrera, Texas Fellow
- Kristin Graham Koehler, District of Columbia Life Fellow
- Orlando Lucero, New Mexico Fellow and State Chair
- Ambassador Tom McDonald, District of Columbia Fellow
- Professor Uma Outka, Kansas Fellow
- Melissa Sawyer, New York Life Fellow
- Professor Paul M. Smith, District of Columbia Fellow and State Chair
ALI members are selected due to their abiding excellence in the legal profession as lawyers, judges, and law professors. Prospective constituents must be nominated by one current ALI member and approved by two additional members.
For the full list of the American Law Institute’s new 2022 members, click here.